Top Recommended Foods to Eat After Childbirth
Your baby is finally here! Nothing can beat the joy that comes with the arrival of your little one. Between juggling your new responsibilities and caring for your child, you may find that you have very little time left to care for yourself. This is totally understandable, which is why you may notice that many new mothers around you end up opting for Singapore confinement food delivery to make sure they are still taking care of their needs.
During pregnancy, the nutrients you consumed helps to nourish your baby in the womb. Throughout the nine months plus, you would shares your food with the baby, and that is how your little angel grows.
In the process of giving birth, you would use up much of your energy. There is a loss of blood and the delivery pain to contend with. Then, almost immediately, breastfeeding begins. Thus, you need the extra nutrition to maintain the milk supply that can sustain your little bundle of joy.
What to Expect After Childbirth
The effects of childbirth can result in you having a weakened vitality in the following months as the body struggles to adjust to the overwhelming demands by depleting the energy reserves. During this period of time, you may lose a significant amount of body mass, appetite, and also libido. Without proper care, this condition may last longer than normal and can lead to further health problems.
Regaining Your Pre-Pregnancy Self
What you need to regain your health is proper nutrition in the form of adequate diet specially designed to replace the depleted reserves. With the right daily diet intake, your body can absorb vital nutrients, and this will speed up the recovery process and help you reach healthy vitality levels, as well as regain and maintain your energy.
Confinement Food for Mothers
While there is no need for you to ‘quickly bounce back’ after birth, keeping yourself well taken care of is crucial to ensure smooth recuperation so you’ll come out of confinement period feeling healthier. To ensure your postnatal period is going as well as planned, you can look out for a variety of food companies that provide Chinese confinement food in Singapore for recovering mothers.
Years of continued research has made it possible to get a combination of meal packages to help reactivate your system. With the food in these specially designed diets, you may not only replenish the nutrients lost but also gain your desired body condition back. The daily meal packages are well-balanced to meet your after-birth body requirements, like breast-milk boosters which help the body produce more milk to feed the baby.
A healthy diet that can aid your recovery must consist of the following basics: one portion of carbohydrates, two portions of vegetables, one portion of proteins and one portion of non-meat protein. (pic: a complete meal by TWSG, either served on plates or in packaging) These are what confinement food catering companies aim to provide for mothers who are healing from pregnancy and after-birth.
Types of Food for Mothers in Confinement
Childbirth can be both emotionally and physically taxing. When recovering from birth, you need a variety of food with the main focus being healing and nourishing. From food that warms the body to food that will help strengthen your muscles and joints, you require a myriad of different ingredients in your dietary requirements to heal well.
Below are examples of food and ingredients you can consider to include more in your daily confinement meals.
Improving Blood Circulation
- Meat – rich in iron, thus helps in preventing anaemia.
- Angelica Celery – a vegetable full of calcium, it helps to nourish your reproductive organs and prevent haemorrhaging.
- Turmeric – a natural antibiotic that promotes blood flow in the body.
- Black Fungus – contains plenty of iron, it can help to flush out impurities from the arteries and removes old blood from the body to encourage new and healthy blood production. You will find this particular ingredient in various Chinese confinement food.
- Brown Rice – less processed compared to white rice and offers vitamins, minerals, and fibre.
- Chicken – rich in tryptophan which is an amino acid that boosts energy levels and moods.
- Egg – improves complexion and promotes holistic healing.
- Red Dates – calms brain activity and rich in iron.
Helping With Milk Production
- Dory Fish – a source of protein and healthy fat, it helps to boost milk production.
- Garlic – modifies the flavour and odour of milk, encouraging babies to latch on more frequently and longer – thus stimulating more production of milk
These are but only a few examples of food that helps you heal post-pregnancy. You may tweak the ingredients in the meals for alternative choices that contain the same nutrients, depending on your preference in foods.
With the help of our very own in-house dietitian, Tian Wei confinement food is specially curated to not only provide a well-balanced postnatal diets to meet the needs of a new mother like yourself but also make your confinement a lot more interesting with the huge variety of dishes!