Food For Getting Your Healthy Body Back After Baby Delivery
The nutrients consumed by a pregnant mother helps to nourish the baby in the womb. Throughout the nine months that the mother is expectant, she shares her food with the baby, and that is how the baby grows. In the process of giving birth, the mother uses up much of her vitality. There is the loss of blood and the delivery pain to contend with. Then, almost immediately, breastfeeding begins. Thus, she needs extra nutrition to maintain the milk supply that can sustain her little bundle of joy.
All these results in the mother having a weakened vitality in the following months as the body struggles to adjust to the overwhelming demands by depleting the energy reserves. During this period of time, mothers may lose a significant amount of body mass, appetite, and also libido. Without proper care, this condition may last longer than normal and can lead to further health problems.
What the mother needs to regain her health is proper nutrition in the form of adequate diet specially designed to replace the depleted reserves. With the right daily diet intake, the body can absorb vital nutrients, and this will speed up the recovery process and help the mother reach healthy vitality levels, and regain and maintain her energy.
Confinement Food for Mothers
To help mothers bounce back quickly soon after delivery, a variety of food companies have provided Chinese confinement food in Singapore for recovering mothers. Years of continued research has made it possible to get a combination of meal packages to help reactivate your system. With the food in these specially designed diets, mothers may not only replenish the nutrients lost but also get their desired body back. The daily meal packages are well-balanced to meet your after-birth body requirements, like breast-milk boosters which help the body produce more milk to feed the baby.
A healthy diet that can aid your recovery must consist of the following basics: one portion of carbohydrates, two portions of vegetables, one portion of proteins and one portion of non-meat protein. These are what confinement food catering companies aim to provide for mothers who are healing from pregnancy and after-birth.
Types of Food for Mothers in Confinement
Recovering mothers need a variety of food that optimises healing and nourishing during their confinement period. From food that warms the body to food that strengthens muscles and joins, mothers require a myriad of different ingredients in their dietary requirements to heal well.
Some examples of food ingredients that should be in the meals are listed below.
- Abalone – rich in Vitamin E and protein, abalone helps to rejuvenate lungs and kidneys.
- Black Fungus – contains plenty of iron, it can help to flush out impurities from the arteries and removes old blood from the body to encourage new and healthy blood production.
Improving Circulation of Blood
- Angelica Celery – a vegetable full of calcium, it helps to nourish the female reproductive organs and prevent haemorrhaging.
- Turmeric – a natural antibiotic that promotes blood flow in the body.
- Chicken – rich in tryptophan which is an amino acid that boosts energy levels and moods.
- Egg – improves complexion and promotes holistic healing.
- Red Dates – calms brain activity and rich in iron.
- Dory Fish – a source of protein and healthy fat, it helps to boost milk production.
These are but only a few examples of food that helps a recovering mother heal post-pregnancy. You may tweak the ingredients in the meals for alternative choices that contain the same nutrients, depending on the preference of the mother.