Guide to Creating Your Confinement Menu After C-Section
C-section is the process of delivery in which a mom gives birth to a baby through an incision. If the mom is facing certain medical situations that can complicate or be compromised by vaginal delivery, then C-section will normally be recommended.
Due to the extensive procedure of c-section delivery, it may take some time for you to heal and before you feel like ‘yourself’ again – and that’s okay! In fact, do take as much time as you need to recover. One of the most important elements to focus on after the procedure is your diet. Make sure you are loading yourself up with sufficient energy, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Why Good Nutrition Is Necessary
● Good nutrition is the source of energy for a healthy body, and energy is very much needed post delivery.
● Good nutrition also keeps your body protected from diseases by improving your immunity.
● Better nutrition also helps in the better nourishment of babies.
● It helps to minimise the effects of lost energy and blog caused by pregnancy and labour.
You May Also Read this : Tips On How To Eat Right During The Confinement Period
Healthy Food for Mom
Fruits like guava, apple, and banana should be added to your daily meals because guava is the best source of Vitamin C and contains antioxidants that are desperately needed for your recovery and ovConfinement Fooderall better health. Meanwhile, banana and apple provide energy in the form of carbohydrates and provide fibres essential for the body.
You can also give turmeric a try! It is essential for both mom and baby’s health as it also helps in detoxification of drugs in the body. If you don’t feel like experimenting with dishes, you can simply try adding half a spoon of turmeric should be added in a glass of water.
Confinement Food for Breakfast
● Almonds can be used in some snacks and in desserts, which is very tasty and devoured.
● Garlic is one of the best ingredients you can have in your food. On top of the flavour it brings to the food, you can also reap various health benefits such as boosted immunity system and better blood pressure control.
● Seeds of cumin can be used as spices to regulate the circulation of blood and also contain calcium and iron. More importantly, if you are nursing, it also helps to increase milk production!
● Oats are one of the best and versatile sources of carbohydrates, proteins, iron, and fibres. They can be cooked with milk as well as water.
● Meat is an excellent source of protein and should be consumed to strengthen your muscles. Of course, it also provides energy to your body.
● Pulses are a pure source of proteins and muscles need a proper supply of protein to heal and repair. So, if you are looking for a bigger variety of sources of protein, you can add this one to the list!
● Moringa leaves are a great source of Vitamin A, B, and C. It also contains iron and calcium. Green vegetables should be eaten because they can help strengthen the immune system to reduce the risks of certain diseases. So, these vegetables should be taken eaten regularly as highly recommended by the doctor.
It’s easy to overlook your needs as a mom when you get so occupied with the presence of your baby in the house. However, you first need to prioritise your own health and recovery before you can tend to your baby. If you ever need to purchase goods for your maternity needs, do check out MumChecked for the best deals!