Can chicken be consumed after c-section delivery?
Over the years, there have been debates on whether chicken was safe for consumption after C-Section deliveries for confinement mothers. There are others, who then believe that chicken must be consumed to speed up the recovery process as it is a good source of protein for confinement meals. The recovery period after a C-Section delivery is an important and crucial time. It is important that during this period, your bodies receive sufficient nutrition especially if you are breastfeeding your child during confinement. Top 3 reasons why Chicken is safe to be consumed for C-Section mothers:
You May Also Read this : Post-Miscarriage: What to Eat to Recover Properly
1. Medical practitioners say whole foods can help you!
During the recovery process of surgeries and C-Sections, mothers should try to consume food with high nutrition in order to allow their bodies to absorb the necessary nutrients it needs to recover. Whenever possible, it is advisable to consume whole foods rather than processed foods. For example, chicken is often used to prepare broths, herbal soups, and even dishes for patients who have undergone surgery or after child birth.
2. Protein is an important nutrient source
It can help your bodies to repair and build tissues. Therefore, C-Section mothers are often advised to consume more protein which can speed up their recovery process after child birth by their doctors. Lean poultry can be consumed in reasonable amounts as a source of protein to help reduce inflammation.
3. Reduce consumption of Red Meat
It is, however, advisable not to consume red meat because of its high levels of saturated fat and higher possibility in causing constipation during confinement. It is advisable to take Chicken, pork or turkey meat, instead of red meat.
In conclusion, everything should be consumed in moderation. If you are unsure of the exact amount to consume, try confinement meals catering that has all the meals planned specially for confinement mothers. Do remember to check for a balanced diet meal plans like this Confinement Food Caterer, so that the meal plans spread out consumption of lean poultry during your confinement period.
You might also like
- How is Your Body Affected After C-Section Delivery?
- Recommend Tian Wei Signature for their friendly, fast and good service. Requested for some last minute specials to take note of due to some feeding needs and they are prompt and happy to help. Makes you feel welcomed.
- 4 Methods to ensure that you have enough milk supply for your newborn!
- Health Benefits of Ingredients Used In Confinement Meals