Why do mothers take red date longan tea during confinement?
These are the 5 reasons for the importance of having red dates tea during your confinement. In Chinese tradition, red dates teas are commonly consumed along with herbal soup throughout their confinement in order to help new mothers to speed up recovery. Our menu serves a wide range of herbal soups that can be consumed along with the red dates teas.
- Red dates are known for medicinal and herbal benefits. Longans and red dates together produce amazing health benefits especially in boosting our immune system and replenishing our blood. Many women consume red dates tea during their menstruation or confinement period in order to nourish their blood and improve their immune system.
- Longan are also used as anti-depressants in traditional Chinese medicine as they have shown to have an effect on the central nervous system. Chinese mothers often consume herbal soup together with the teas, to fully utilise the benefits from both red dates teas and the herbal soups to help them recuperate. Check out the Herbal Soup
- During confinement, many women become restless in the midst of caring and nursing their newborn. Longan has been proven to promote a sense of calmness and enhance sleep.
- Red dates are high on Vitamin C, A, B1, B2, protein, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosphorous which makes it an excellent source of nutrients that our bodies need, for its ability to strengthen the stomach and spleen which aids in food digestion.
- It is believed that regular consumption of red dates teas will keep the womb warm and increase fertility. It also helps in the stimulation of white blood cells, which can improve immunity and protect the liver.
As longan is one of the main ingredients in tonics for blood medication, these two ingredients are often coupled together in soups and tea to help boost overall wellness and to strengthen the body’s immunity.
All our package are served with 1 litre of Red Dates Tea, Click here to find out more of our packages.
To make a refreshing pot of longan and red dates tea, simply rinse the longan and red dates, and then combine them in a medium pot of water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. You may add sugar to sweeten the tea slightly. Consume while it is warm.
You might also like
- I’m so glad Tian Wei was able to start their delivery next day onwards. Love the soup that is tasty and nutritious for a mother on the road to recovery.
- Their food are not only yummy, always delivered warm, and definitely well balanced meal. As my 2nd breastfeeding journey I didn’t have problem with my milk supply!
- Tian Wei makes everything so convenient for us. The servings are generous and nicely kept warm when delivered. More importantly, the dishes are so delicious which makes me look forward to every meal!
- Their food is very generous, it’s 2 person portion if you’re a small eater. And one thing that attracted me is that they not only serve the traditional menu, but also the fusion menu which is very delicious yet nutritious for confinement mommies.